Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Having Some Pumpkin Fun



Are you ready for some pumpkin fun?  If you can't tell by all my previous fall posts, I love pumpkins and have been working on one pumpkin project after another.  The only thing that could make all this pumpkin fun better is to have a mantle.  I long to be able to decorate a fall mantle but since that isn't an option right now I will stick with my side table and make the most of it.  Can you believe I made most of those decorations?  I know, I'm still in shock myself.





Let's start with the things I didn't make.  My favorite find by far is that black glitter tree.  I picked it up at Ross for like $4.  You can't beat that and it fits perfectly with my style which is not very traditional.  I also bought the little wooden bird and two small metallic pumpkins at Ross.  The only other thing I haven't crafted up is the gold frame... yet.  I have big plans for that frame but for now I think it gives my not so fall mantle a nice touch and much needed height. 


I'm loving all the mix of texture from this fall display.  Surprise, Surprise.  We have shiny and glittery from my painted pumpkins to rustic and neutral in the twine pumpkin.  I think though it is the book pumpkin that helps to pull the whole look together.  I know that the LOVE sign was created for Valentine's Day but I just couldn't take it down.  My goal was to make my holiday decor flow easily into my everyday decor and this sign fits right in with both. 


Do you like how my apothecary jars are mostly empty?  Ya me too.  I can't keep them filled for the life of me and it is only the two of us.  I'm scared to keep refilling them, that's a lot of candy to eat without meaning to. 

The best part of this pumpkin fun is that I can leave this faux fall mantle up for another two months and just add a thing here or there to make it more Halloween like or progress into Thanksgiving. 

How do you decorate for fall?  What colors do you like to use?  Have no fear though, my pumpkin days are not behind me yet.  I have at least one or two more projects in the works for other display areas:)

19 comments:

  1. I love this whole thing including the 'book' pumpkin! Thanks so much for making our PUMPKIN PARTY great. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your pumpkins...actually, I'm in the process of working on a "toilet paper twine pumpkin" myself that you inspired earlier with your post myself!!! I, too, just can't get over the "pumpkin love". When I find them (some at yard sales for quarters...) I snatch them up...knowing I'm going to do some kind of craft with them. I'm also IN LOVE with the book page pumpkins...hoping I might be able to make one or two of those as well. LOVE your creativity!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely couldn't have sweets around like that at home - they wouldn't last long at all!

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really cute Sarah!

    -Fotini

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, if I had apothecary jars they would be empty too! I too wish I had a mantle to decorate but I have to be happy with part of my book case and my side table
    Found you at Bear Rabbit Bear

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so great! I had to stop filling things with candy around our house because it always disappeared. Now it is vase filler or something like that only :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this display- it came out great. Perfect combination of textures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this display! It looks wonderful! I can't wait to get my Halloween decor out this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable! im a new follower from "i freakin did it friday". stop by too and visit me when you get a chance. www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love it...it's festive but classy too. I'm so glad you linked up at Shine on Fridays; I shared this on the One Artsy Mama FB page today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fabulous! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great, I love how you tied it all together. Thank you for linking to my Our Favorite Things Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous creation! Love how your mantel turned out:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table looks great! We don't have a mantle either, so I've been relegated to dressing up a side table too. Ha.

    New follower through email subscription! Found you through the linkup.

    xo
    SEL
    growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday, you are being featured later this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love the book pumpkin. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So flippin' cute! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  18. soooo cute, just pinned your mantel :)

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete