Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Tree Crafts


I have been planning on these Christmas tree crafts for some time now and one set is almost complete.  I know what you're thinking.  How many projects can she use twine for?  The answer is: a lot.  It has such a great color and texture combo and goes well with just about everything.  

Originally I was hoping to have all three Christmas tree crafts done before I posted but time has a way of getting away from me this time of the year and I wanted to show you at least the first two before it gets too late.  


Let's start with my twine Christmas tree.  This tree took about two hours to complete, partially because I'm a perfectionist.

Supplies needed:
-twine or jute
-card board tree form (I got mine at Michaels)
-hot glue


There really is no need to give step by step instructions as all you have to do is wrap the twine around the form adding a small amount of glue every few inches or so.  I started from the bottom and made my way to the top.  Like I said, I'm a perfectionist so this baby has a lot of glue.


After completing my twine tree I set off to Hobby Lobby hoping to be inspired  with ideas of how to cover my other two trees.  Yarn was the last option when I arrived since I already wrapped one tree in a string like manner.  However, when I happened upon this red and white yarn I instantly fell in love.  I love the look of candy cane decor and the red would look so good next to the twine.  So I bought the yarn and this time wrapped a styro-foam tree form using the same method.  I love that the top if this form is flat giving it the look of a candy placed on top.


The final step for my Christmas tree crafts was of course getting photos.  There is a reason why I am not a professional photographer.  Would you believe I took probably over 200 photos just to get a handful that I liked enough to to post.  Either I'm that bad at taking photos or that picky, perhaps both.

Now if I can just finish the third tree so you can see my real vision...

9 comments:

  1. I love both of the trees. I am going to the dollar star to see what I can find if not then Walmart. I have twine and string..but no trees...i am hoping! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent you an email about the link party. Hope you consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute!! Love it!!! I just ordered a bunch of twine! I can't wait to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so awesome. Now I'm kicking myself because I just threw away 2 Styrofoam cones from projects from previous years that had fallen apart! Bleck! Oh, well. These are still way stinkin' cute! :)

    Jillian
    Hi! It's Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these - so simple but stylish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I have some mini Styrofoam trees that could use some love! Thanks for the fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the trees, very cute! I'm your newest follower, stopping by from Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill.
    http://violetsbuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These trees are so creative! Thank you so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Have a wonderful week!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete